Most standard real-time tracking needs require location updates every two minutes however there are other assets such as containers, rail cars and trailers that require updates less frequently due to long haulage journeys and in some cases not having a power supply means that battery operated trailer trackers are essential. Here are just a few reasons how trailer tracking can help you:
- Learn how long assets are sitting around in one place
- Verify equipment utilization to increase revenues and maximize profitability
- Eliminate manual yard checks
- Reduce the number of trailers and other assets needed to manage the same workload
- Improve customer service by providing security and accountability for the customer’s cargo
Research claims that most carriers do not know where 10% to 15% of their container fleet is at any one time!