- how we collect information about you;
- what information we collect about you;
- the ways in which we may use and share that information;
- how long we retain information about you; and
- how you can update or access any personal information we hold about you.
How We Collect Information
We collect information directly from you when you are asked to provide personal details about yourself, including but not limited to when you:
- purchase products or services from us;
- register to become a customer;
- submit enquiries to us or contact us;
- enter any promotions, competitions or prize draws;
- use our products and Services;
- use any of our websites
What Information We Collect Directly
We will typically collect information such as:
- your name;
- job title
- company name;
- telephone number;
- billing information including bank details;
- fleet size;
What Information We Collect indirectly
- Your IP address
- Your geographical location
- Your browser type and version
- Your computer’s operating system
- The referral source
- The length of your visit
- The website pages you view
- The website navigation paths, as well as details of timing, frequency and pattern of Your use of our service.
How We Use Information
We will use this information to:
- provide you with access to this site;
- supply products and services;
- contact you, if necessary;
- verify that you are an authorised user for security purposes;
- arrange for payment of goods or Services purchased;
- inform you of any service related message or of any new Services or functionality;
- assist you with any product or Services enquiries;
- investigate any complaints or other enquiries that you submit to us;
- market our products and Services generally
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so. When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it.
You have the right, which you can exercise at any time, to:
- request a copy of all personal data held on our systems about you;
- request access to all personal data held on our systems about you;
- replenish, rectify or erase any incomplete, inaccurate or outdated personal data about you;
- object/withdraw your consent;
- object to automated decision making, whereby we may use your data for profiling purposes to make a decision.
How You Update or Access Any Personal Information
By using the contact details at the bottom of this policy you can update or access any personal information by requesting:
Legal Basis For Processing Personal Information
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal information from you only:
- where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you;
- where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights;
- where we have your consent to do so.
We have a legitimate interest in operating our Services and communicating with you as necessary to provide these Services, for example when responding to your queries, improving our solution, undertaking marketing, or for the purposes of detecting or preventing illegal activities.
In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
Data Transfer Outside The EU
At no time does your personal information leave the EU.
Please note that while there are always risks associated with providing personal data, whether in person, by phone or over the Internet, and no system of technology is completely safe, “tamper” or “hacker- proof”, Fonix Telematics has endeavoured to take appropriate measures to prevent and minimize risks of unauthorised access to, improper use and the inaccuracy of your personal information. For example, we use encryption technology when collecting or transferring sensitive data.
No information may be submitted to Fonix Telematics by persons under the age of 18 without the consent of a parent or legal guardian, nor may persons under the age of 18 make purchases or other legal acts on this Site without such consent, unless permitted by applicable legislation.
Data Protection Officer
Fonix Telematics Limited
19 Springfield Lyons Approach
Chelmsford Business Park
If you have any concerns about the information collected or how your information may be used, you should discuss in the first instance with the relevant individual within your organisation.
Contacting the Regulator
If you feel that your data has not been handled correctly, or you are unhappy with our response to any requests you have made to us regarding the use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
The Information Commissioner’s Office can be contacted via telephone on 0303 123 1113 or online at www.ico.org.uk/concerns
This policy was last updated: 23/05/2018